grub error 18

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Tue Sep 22 05:13:08 UTC 2009

Clay Weber wrote:

> I am afraid you may have a problem that no one has come across before. I'd
> definitely file a bug report. You can file it on the package 'grub'.

There is an old bug report filed already.
Wow, after a day away, quite some messages on this.
Anyway, there are 3 methods to settle this.
One of which is fairly simple. But it reminds me of a story where an
electrician refuses to change a fuse because he thinks he has to rewire
the whole building. And of course, after rewiring the whole building and
changing all the fuse boxes,he still thinks he is right. Wonder why when
Derek changed to Karmic, the problem goes away? It came with a new fuse!

Most of us don't get this problem in Jaunty as we install to a partition
or overwrite the existing mbr.

The problem is usually people who thinks he has 11 years of electrical
work and has a certificate still wants to use radio diodes. Normally
older electricians are more humble to see the need to keep up. Of
course, there are brash young electricians as well.

Take care now, Clay.

Regards,
Goh Lip