grub error 18

David Kuntadi d.kuntadi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 02:51:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> :-D. You have lots and lots of reading and time to put in yet then.
> Stick with one distro for now. Makes it easier to fathom out the
> differences later when dealing with other distros. Ubuntu being the
> exception since it has had quite a few big changes like moving from the
> inittab init system startup to...what is it called again the new service
> management/Solaris SMF lookalike system?

Ubuntu is my first distro, but I have tried linux from scratch and
archlinux, which is make me more confident in dealing with problem in
ubuntu. Offcourse those 2 have different init. But linux from scracth
is really too much, it took me 2 days just to install command line. I
wanted to try alfs but I think I just stick with ubuntu and learn by
maintaining a distro based on ubuntu instead:

http://differentfrequencies.blogspot.com/2009/09/ubuntu-ce-interview-with-developer.html

DK