grub error 18

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Sep 22 02:18:50 UTC 2009

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 21 September 2009, Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:
>
>> Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> I can also testify that it does something.  I finally got tired of the
>>> WTF syndrome on the next reboot and applied the +i attribute to menu.lst,
>>> unless _I_ want to edit it.
>>>
>> Oh, now that is interesting...I guess I will just have to spend some
>> time going through the scripts when I have access this weekend.
>>

> Well, let me clarify my statement a bit.  I have 11 years of linux experience
> now, and I _do_ know how to edit menu.lst if and when a new kernel is
> installed.  Taint eggzactly rocket science you know. :)

Oh, I have no problem with your statement. 10 years of experience with
Linux now, been through lilo, grub and done pxe-grub (take that grub2!)
for kickstart installations of server clusters. Maybe I should go for
Debian or go back to Centos. I have not had so many problems with a
distro like Ubuntu and thinktheyknowitall posters implying that I am
stupid on the distro list.