grub error 18

David Kuntadi d.kuntadi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 00:31:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> Just wait till I get my hands on the box this weekend. I am certain that
> there will be no changes at all to menu.1st because 1) the box is not
> connected to the Internet anymore and

Not connected to internet? So, what is the meaning of "update" in your
post below:

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Chan Chung Hang Christopher
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> What package takes care of shutting down?
>
> I have this problem with Jaunty. When I first installed Jaunty, it
> booted up without problems. However, after an update was done, it would
> always show me a grub error 18 screen on the next attempt to boot the
> machine after a shutdown.

And how did you update it without internet connection? Are you using
cd update? Or are you using local/LAN repository?

DK