Kubuntu Alpha's

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 09:49:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Though I will make a complete new install for the final release I
>> think the update would work too. The update system is smart enough to
>> install all the new package and kick out obsolete ones. It's probably
>> all the ongoing changes in the repositories that make trouble right
>> now.
>>

> No, Sascha, the update mechanism is not smart enough to "install all
> the new package and kick out obsolete ones" from the alphas. Apt-get
> only compares version numbers, and that is often misleading in the
> alpha stage. You might get away with updating from an RC to the
> released version, but betas and especially alphas should _not_ be
> updated to production systems.
>

> --
> Dotan Cohen

Hello, Dotan Cohen. Hope all is well with you and the family!

My 9.04 system was updated from Alpha to its current state. It is not
my production system, just my KDE 4 play system. How could I go about
making sure that all the libs and programs are correct? Maybe I could
reinstall all?

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?