Kubuntu Alpha's

Sascha G├╝thling guethling at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 19 19:17:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 9:55 PM, Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> Goh Lip wrote:
>
>> But the issue I like to bring up is this. Even with the latest upgrades,
>> the usplash is still here. I have a nigging feeling that if I were to
>> download and install the latest alpha, it would not have the usplash
>> screen (and autologin will not be an issue).
>
> I won't know about autologin, but as for usplash, I just finished
> downloading, so we'll see shortly ...
> --
> derek

I had a problem with some broken sectors on my test partition that I
just fixed. Now it finally boots up again.
Now I can confirm that there is no usplash anymore. It shows the boot
messages and after a while just switches to the login screen. I didn't
have to install new, just updated with aptitude.

Though I will make a complete new install for the final release I
think the update would work too. The update system is smart enough to
install all the new package and kick out obsolete ones. It's probably
all the ongoing changes in the repositories that make trouble right
now.

Sascha