Huston i have a big problem

Karl Vanwynsberghe Karl.Vanwynsberghe at telenet.be
Sat Sep 19 11:10:31 UTC 2009

Op vrijdag 18 september 2009 21:28:26 schreef Goh Lip:
> Karl Vanwynsberghe wrote:

> >> Karl,
> >> I will be away from my computer for about 15 hrs,
> >> If you reached PROBLEM part 3, wired network won't connect,
> >> go to /etc/network/interfaces,
> >> uncomment the line
> >> # iface eth0 inet dhcp
> >>
> >> then sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
> >>
> >> Good Luck
> >> Goh Lip
> >
> > Well... Let's try :)
>
> Karl, noted you wrote with 2.6.31-10 and kde 4.3.1.
> This must mean you've got your system back?
>
> Some feedback on success or failure and how you did it will be good.
>
> Take care.

Well indead, the system is back but it still feels a bit buggy.
How did i do that...
I've commented out the /lib/udev/rules.d/40-ppcrules and rebooted.
There was still a problem.. saying that there was a problem with my sda5 and
sda6. I 've rebooted  into recovery and kept trying with checking the disks.

Finally i was able to boot into netroot and i updated my system.

But as i mentionned, i still have some errors while booting.
==>unknown symlynk in udev...50... (was to fast to see completely...)
==>starting mysql databaseserver mysqld  [FAIL]
==>vboxnetflt (2.2.4) [FAIL]
==>modprobe vbox failed.

But i can reply this mail using Kontact :)

(And... Thx for the help!)

Grtz, Karl