Want KDE 3.5 look and feel [sticky keys for e16/e17]

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Wed Sep 16 05:44:28 UTC 2009

It would appear that on Sep 13, Dotan Cohen did say:

> I plan on trying E17 or Elive in early October and I would like to have a
> head start on the project.  In particular, I depend on "sticky keys"
> function so if you have that enabled I would like to know how you did
> that: my inability to enable sticky keys was the reason that I could not
> use E16 when I tried it.

On Sep 15, Kim Woelders did say on the "enlightenment-users" list:

> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 , Joe(theWordy)Philbrook <jtwdyp at ttlc.net> wrote:
> >There's this guy on another list however, for whom 'sticky keys' is a
> >must have.
> >
> >I'd like to help him out, but my google search failed miserably.
> >If there a way to get something like sticky keys working in E17 and/or
> >E16???
> >
> Sticky keys is an X server configuration option for which your desktop
> environment may or may not have a configuration utility.
>
> xkbset is a command line utility which can configure sticky keys.

Armed with that info I did a quick search of

http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/allpackages

xkbset (0.5-5.1) [universe]
Small utility to change the AccessX settings of XKEYBOARD

And a quick google for "how-to xkbset" turned up this:

https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Accessibility/doc/Guide/Mobility

Since it's an non-desktop specific x server utility, I suspect the
Edubuntu guide would work just as well for a Kubuntu based e16/e17
desktop...

Hope this proves useful