Trouble sending a "business card" (vcf file) to bluetooth phone

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:47:57 UTC 2009

I now have a bluetooth phone and a ThinkPad with built in bluetooth.
I can send vcf files from my phone to my laptop, but am having trouble
going the other direction.

I export a vcf file from Kontact (either version 2.0 or 3.0 of VCF)
and try to send it to the phone I get a pop-up with the title "Media
type not Supported" and the contents are just:
org.openobex.Error.UnsupportedMediaType

ps tells me that I am running an obex server:
11903 ?        S      0:00 /usr/bin/obex-data-server --no-daemon

I'm new to this phone stuff and don't have a clue what to try next.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael