CD audio ripping in Jaunty

Robin icewind1991 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 19:36:40 UTC 2009

The content of the audio is displayed using the
audiocd kioslave and *should* work in all kde
applications.

I used it for ripping audiocd's succesfully
although I've only tried it with kde 4.3.

escreveu:
>>> What's with Jaunty and ripping audio CD's?
First a dialogue window
>>> doesn't pop up and ask me what I want to do.
I then unsuccessfully
>>> tried to mount it so that I could see its
content in Dolphin, and
>>> hopefully, as in the old Konqueror, just copy
the 'MP3' folder to my
>>> home folder. I also tried K3B but it kept
giving errors every time I
>>> tried to rip the audio CD.
>>
>> You can't mount an audio CD, because there is
no file system on it. Once
>> there is no file system, there is no MP3
folder and no files to copy
>> either, just raw data. Unless you mean a data
CD with mp3 files on it.
>> Take a look at audex and grip, both are in
Ubuntu repos and can rip
>> audio CDs to any format you like (assuming you
have the proper codecs
>> installed).
>
> So how does one view the contents of the audio
CD? (Commercial audio CD -
> not MP3's). With Gutsy you could navigate to it
using Konqueror but in
> Jaunty it's just not possible.
>

>>> In the end I stuffed the CD in my daughter's
Gutsy box and it is
>>> ripping just fine.
>>>
>>> Is it going to work properly in Karamel Kola
(aka 9.10)?

>> Doesn't it work already? It just doesn't ask
what you want to do with
>> the CD after it is inserted. However, you can
surely rip it with one of
>> the two softwares I mentioned earlier.
>> I don't know if KDE 4.3 in Karmic Koala will
pop up a dialog when you