Want KDE 3.5 look and feel

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 06:25:55 UTC 2009

> If you'd like a better idea of the changes I need to make to the standard
> setup (and especially some extensive changes to mouse and keyboard bindings)...
> Then your welcome to check out the bash script I use when I first add e17
> to a kde system. There's a copy of it at:
>
> https://home.comcast.net/~jtwdyp/fileShuttle/e17_setup_first_run

Would you mind commenting that script, in particular each individual
change of settings (or the major ones)? I plan on trying E17 or Elive
in early October and I would like to have a head start on the project.
In particular, I depend on "sticky keys" function so if you have that
enabled I would like to know how you did that: my inability to enable
sticky keys was the reason that I could not use E16 when I tried it.

> Since you mention Elive in such a positive way though Brendan, perhaps
> you can tell me if I'd be able to get:
>
> konsole, kaffeine, yakuake, alpine, mc, & lyx
>
> installed on Elive with some kind of package manager similar to apt-get???
>

>From googling I see that Elive uses Synaptic and apt-get. Furthermore,
based on it's Debian background, I suspect that .deb files may work to
some extent.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com