Facebook is anti-Linux! Help change them!

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Sun Sep 13 06:20:24 UTC 2009

On Sunday 13 September 2009 12:38:12 am Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >    You're absolutely right...
> >
> > sudo apt-get install virtualbox
> >
> >    ...there, problem solved.
> >

> I was unaware that Virtualbox came with Windows or was capable of
> running Windows applications. Maybe you were thinking about Wine?
>

> --
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il

Hello, Dotan --
VirtualBox does NOT "come with" ANY operating system -- Win-Doze or
otherwise.  Neither (as such) does it "run Win-Doze applications".
However, for example, it DOES allow itself to be installed in a Linux
environment, and then to have a bought-and-paid-for Win-Doze installed
within VirtualBox.  That "virtualized Win-Doze installation" may then
have Win-Doze applications installed within IT -- and the Linux user may
now run the Win-Doze application.  To do so, the Linux user must first
"run" VirtualBox, which may have almost any number of operating systems
installed within it.  The next step is to choose the specific OS that you
want to run -- such as "Win-Doze 2000".  It will "boot", except that
there will be no "POST" (Power-On Self-Test) process first.  When Win-
Doze (or whatever) has booted, then you have your choice of
applications, and may run whatever exists.  You may install your
preferred applications and run them as if you were using a Win-Doze
computer -- even at the very same time that you are actually running
Linux as your Host System.  This can be absolutely AMAZING.  And NO,
this is NOT "Wine" by any stretch of the imagination!!!  If you have
already paid for MacroHard Win-Doze, by all means, try using VirtualBox
(3.0.6 is the current version) OSE (Open Source Edition) and give it a
try.  I have a massive Bible Study system, and this is the only way I
can use it.  And I "love it" when everything is working properly!!!!!

Bruce   Mac Arthur