Facebook is anti-Linux! Help change them!

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 05:29:36 UTC 2009

> Really that is the main reason  I posted this link, my brother has
> been converted to Linux but can't use it with facebook so he keeps 2
> computers so that he can use Linux. This is not ideal. The problem
> that my brother is having is with face book Texas hold em poker. It
> will not display the server choices. I personally have had problems
> with it not letting me set people as friends. It says it is doing it
> but never does. This problem is intermittent. One last thing. My
> brother got an email from them saying to change to another OS also and
> that was recently.

In addition to the Poker problems, please list the other problems so
that we can triage them. I do not play poker online so that particular
problem I cannot help with. In particular, screenshots of the layout
differences between the Linux and Windows versions that were mentioned
earlier would be helpful. Thanks.

> PS I am dyslexic, so have fun making fun of my spelling.

I do not think that the person make fun of your spelling, in fact your
spelling was correct. You had the wrong _word_, which may have been
due to a spelling error, but the sentence was semantically correct.
Therefore the small error that began with a spelling mistake turned
into a sentence with a completely different meaning, which in fact was
funny. Dyslexic or not, that is a common mistake and one that neither
spellchecker nor grammer checker would catch. My native language in
not English, either, and even without Dyslexia I have made such
mistakes.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com