Facebook is anti-Linux! Help change them!

Ignazio Palmisano ignazio_io at yahoo.it
Sat Sep 12 10:08:42 UTC 2009

On 12/09/09 09:19, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Knapp wrote:
>> http://blog.kenweiner.com/2008/01/facebook-has-no-love-for-linux.html
>
>      Er...  Let's see, a blog post from January 2008 about one app not running
> on Linux and one reply from a customer service rep.  Somehow I'm not seeing
> this as an urgent issue, especially since in the blogs comments someone noted
> Facebook is running Linux and mirrors Fedora.

Uh I would add that the original problem sounds like the app being
written with IE in mind. Asking for a Linux version and replying that
Facebook is not meant for Linux are both meaningless sentences... btw
Facebook works a charm in 90% of cases for me (used it with Firefox 2,
3, 3.5, on windows, linux, mac...), and when it sucks it's either a bad
app or a bad connection.
I.