using a remote CUPS server from Kubuntu Jaunty

Wolfgang Jeltsch 4cqncnl7 at acme.softbase.org
Thu Sep 10 19:36:51 UTC 2009

Hello,

my employer provides several printers and a CUPS server for accessing them.
I’d like to use this CUPS server directly from my Kubuntu Jaunty machine,
i.e., I don’t want to use the CUPS server on localhost at all. This way, I
won’t have to configure all the printers by hand, since they are already
configured on my employer’s CUPS server.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find out how to set things up this way. Under KDE 3.5
(on Debian etch), there was the possibility to use a CUPS server on an
arbitrary host instead of just localhost. How can I achieve this with KDE 4?

Best wishes,
Wolfgang