CD audio ripping in Jaunty

Johnny Ernst Nielsen j_e_n_pub at yahoo.dk
Thu Sep 10 18:30:48 UTC 2009

Greetings Nigel,

Torsdag den 10. september 2009 kvad Nigel Ridley:
> What's with Jaunty and ripping audio CD's? First a dialogue window
> doesn't pop up and ask me what I want to do. I then unsuccessfully
> tried to mount it so that I could see its content in Dolphin, and
> hopefully, as in the old Konqueror, just copy the 'MP3' folder to
> my home folder. I also tried K3B but it kept giving errors every
> time I tried to rip the audio CD.
>
> In the end I stuffed the CD in my daughter's Gutsy box and it is
> ripping just fine.

It works fine on my standard 9.04 Kubuntu.
When I put a commercial audio cd in the drive, the device notifier pops
up, showing an icon with a note in front of a cd, and the device name
"Volume".
When i cklick that device entry, a new window opens where I can choose
between ripping with K3b or open with Dolphin.

I choose Dolphin to rip with drag and drop, just like I used to do in
Konqueror.

Hope this helps.

Best regards :o)

Johnny :o)