Opacity weirdness

Alan Dacey Sr. Grokit at ajinfosearch.com
Sun Sep 6 15:06:05 UTC 2009

I'm running Kubuntu 9.04 and upgraded to KDE 4.3.1 a few days ago.  Right
after that I noticed that Firefox 3 was always at about 50% opacity.  When I
looked at the special window settings, no opacity box was checked.  I forced
it to 100% and that fixed it.  My problem is that the Lancelot launcher is also
not at 100% opacity and makes it hard to read when a window is behind it.  I
cannot find any setting for opacity either.  I'm either using the wrong words
in a google search or there is nothing much out there on this problem.  Anyone
have any suggestions?

Alan
"African or European?"