How do you fix a panel in KDE 4.2.2?

Martin Laberge mlsoftlaberge at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 00:02:22 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 02 September 2009 19:40:57 Cary Bielenberg wrote:
> On 03/09/09 09:05, Jerry Lapham wrote:
> > Trying to use the touch pad on my new laptop, I accidentally  lost the
> > desktops, open applications, the network connection, and perhaps some others.
> > I can't find any way to add them back.  I don't remember the keyboard method
> > for switching desktops because I've never needed it before so I'm stuck on
> > desktop 1.
> >
> > Help!
> >
> > 	-Jerry
> >
> Jerry,
>           i find it easiest to do the following   sudo rm -r
> ~/.kde/share/config
> when you log back in it will recreate your taskbar etc, you will have to
> reset up your favorites & walpapers etc.
> '
>
> Cary

please don't do this
remove the config file for the application you want to reset,
and not for all applications.

remove the file .kde/share/config/kickerrc
to remove the config of the control panel only,
and reset the settings to default.

--
Martin Laberge
mlsoftlaberge at gmail.com
mlsoftlaberge at hotmail.com
Tel:(418)521-6823
Cell:(418)575-2945
*** 30 Years of Unix Admin, and still learning... ***