Maybe I spoke too soon?

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 23:08:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Alan Dacey Sr.<Grokit at ajinfosearch.com> wrote:

>> > It is new in kde 4.3 :), the classic menu is quite configurable now.
>> > This thread is what brought it to my attention.
>>
>> I have KDE 4.3 and I can't find this.  I've switched to Classic Kmenu,
>> but I can't see a way to get bookmarks.
>>
>> I'd rather have a bookmarks plasmoid, like I did in 3.5.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> --
>
> Make a folder somewhere named 'Bookmarks' then put a folder view widget on the
> desktop pointing to that directory.  You can then drag & drop your favorite
> stuff there from the classic Kmenu.  Would that work for you?

Not really.  I want my bookmarks.  When I bookmark something it shows
up in my toolbar in Konqueror.  I don't want another way to store
bookmarks, just another way to access them.

It's not the end of the world that I have to open konq, then find the
bookmark.  It's a mild inconvenience and a regression from KDE 3.5,
but I can live with  it.

Michael