Kubuntu a dist in crisis?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 29 09:28:32 UTC 2009

> That is a very silly statement.
> You are talking about comfort-level, not dev time, since given the same
> experience, a dev in Python is always going to be faster at complex tasks,
> since you don't have to worry about mem-handling, etc.

Not as silly as yours.

I see no evidence that dev time is systematically faster in Python than
any other language. For sure there are some things in Python you don't
have to worry about, which you do in C++, but on the other hand there
are things which are a PITA to do in Python which are easy with the
right constructs in C++. Swings and roundabouts.

The bottom line is "each to your own", everyone has their own favorite
language, and generalized statements about how one is faster to code in
than the other are nonsense.

Chris