suggestion for dock widget?

Lorenzo Bettini bettini at dsi.unifi.it
Tue Oct 27 10:47:14 UTC 2009

Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Em Segunda-feira 26 Outubro 2009, Lorenzo Bettini escreveu:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'd like to use a dock widget (macos x like); any suggestion?
>>
>> I tried kooldock but it looks it's for KDE 3.5.x and indeed all the
>> icons are broken.  avan window navigator crashes continuously (and
>> it's not possible to move it on the left, right, or top of the
>> screen). Cairo dock can be moved, but I cannot seem to customize it
>> (or run applications for it).
>>

> cairo-dock is very customizable, I use it here and have put in it every
> application I wanted to. My dock is also multi-level.
> The only thing I miss in it is the ability to add K Menu to it.
> How have you tried to customized it and in which way it did not work?

For instance, I cannot seem to customize the "terminal" icon for
kconsole: when clicking it, in only focuses on an existing kconsole
instance and not run a new one (for the file manager instead it seems to
work after setting it to run dolphin instead of nautilus)...  are you
using the one in the repo, or compiling it from sources?

cheers
	Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net