Can pulseaudio be gotten rid of?? Karmic...

Brian Norman Wootton Brian.Meg at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 26 09:32:56 UTC 2009

I wish to rid my install of pulseaudio. I thought I had it licked, but
it keeps popping up via updates. Once in for all times, how to get RID
of this POS? Why not keep it in beta mode for people to install if they
wish to tinker with it, until all the bugs are worked out?? Meanwhile,
it's upsetting my apple cart.  :)  Ric
---

I hope the distro installs alsa and pulse audio because I use mplayer a
lot, even though it has bugs -  mplayer steals alsa and won't let any
other app. use it! I get the same black bottom right pop-up every time
I boot up which states the alsa driver does not work and the OS is
defaulting to pulse audio. So on my machine(jaunty amd64) I have mplayer
using alsa permanently, amarok and skype using pulse audio - I need
both drivers.
 I might add that kplayer(front end to mplayer) bombs out to the crash
handler every time I quit it.
I have reported this to sourceforge but have heard nothing so far.
brian