Can pulseaudio be gotten rid of?? Karmic...

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 01:40:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 00:48 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I wish to rid my install of pulseaudio. I thought I had it licked, but
> > it keeps popping up via updates. Once in for all times, how to get RID
> > of this POS? Why not keep it in beta mode for people to install if they
> > wish to tinker with it, until all the bugs are worked out?? Meanwhile,
> > it's upsetting my apple cart. :) Ric
> >

> This was discussed on /. last week, let me dig it up...
> http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=1409057&cid=29791867

 <ןIf that doesn't help, then the rest of the thread is here:
> http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=1409057

Thanks Dotan! I've been using asoundconf-gtk for a long time. Then I saw
mentioned on the devel-list that one file out of alsa-utils is no longer
being included. Which happened to wreck asoundconf-gtk. It's a perfect
teeny tiny little app that I could add to my toolbar and click to switch
sound sources smooth as pie. It worked. So, to get it back, I installed
the Intrepid version of alsa-utils and got it working again. Life was
good! now it's broken again and I'm just about out of steam on this
issue. I can't spend my life chasing this stuff down.

If anyone has a copy of Caldera let me know. It was one of the happiest
times of my life when it all just worked. Sorry to DUMP but I'm just
weary. Ric