KMail forwarding. Was: Re: Kubuntu a dist in crisis?

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 02:29:21 UTC 2009

On 25/10-2009 02:29 Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 24 October 2009, Thomas Olsen wrote:

> >> I installed that from the left list, but its as an attachment only, no
> >>  choice of doing it inline so that one might add applicable comments.  I
> >>  miss that.
> >
> >"I installed that from the left list". Sorry - I don't understand what you
> >mean.
>
> Configuring the toolbar brings up a 2 panel window, with the left panel
> showing what is available, the the right one showing what is already on the
> toolbar.  I move it from the available (left) side to the toolbar (right)
> side then used the up down arrows to put it where I wanted it.

Ah. You were a step ahead of me.

> >Don't you have a "Forward" button in your toolbar that you can press down
> > and get the options: "As attachment", "Inline", "Redirect" and "With
> > custom template"?
> >Maybe try "Settings"=>"Configure toolbars".
>
> Precisely.  But since this box does auto-repeats at about 4*10-ee33 a
>  minute, I never stood on the button long enough for that to pop up, so I
>  didn't know it was there.  Thank you very much!
>
> If anyone manages to concoct a utility that can control the dwell time it
> takes for the auto repeat, and the auto repeat itself throttled to say .5
> seconds, and 20 chars a second after the auto repeat kicks in, they will
>  have my undying gratitude, I spend 2/3rds of the time composing a message
>  going back and fixing the typu's this cccccreaattttes.  <-example.  PIMA
>  is what it is.

In "System Settings"=>"Keyboard & Mouse" you should be able to do some
tweaking.

> But I have learned something, and I thank you very much.

The small downwards pointing arrow on a toolbar icon is always a good hint
that there's something hidden there :-)
But i think it's a UI bug that the forward options aren't available in the
"Message" menu.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

  Thomas Olsen