man pages for pthread functions?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 02:53:19 UTC 2009

Matthew Flaschen said the following at 10/22/2009 07:18 PM :
> D. R. Evans wrote:
>> Thank you. The tool at
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=default&section=all&arch=any&searchon=contents&keywords=pthread_create
>> came up with no hits at all. I don't know why not... I had always assumed
>> (obviously incorrectly) that that was a web-based interface to the same
>> function.
>
> That URL gives "paths that end with pthread_create".  If you go to
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=default&arch=any&mode=filename&searchon=contents&keywords=pthread_create
> , it will search anywhere in the filename.
>
> Admittedly, that's not really clear from the URLs.  Apparently, the

Also, there doesn't seem to be any way to get to that URL from the Ubuntu
search bar in the Ubuntu firefox package. The only options there are:
"package names", "descriptions", "source package names" and "package
contents". It seems reasonable, given those options, for a user to expect a
search for "pthread_create" in either "descriptions" or "package contents"
to provide the result he is trying to find. But neither do.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR