OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 and tables in MS Office files

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:50:51 UTC 2009

Have just found out that if you create a document with tables in Ooo
3.1.1  and then save it as MS Word 97 "doc" file the tables go missing.
The contents of the cells are there but no table(s)

I have tried rummaging around Launchpad to see if this is known and
about to be fixed as it is a major headacher for my users who have to
live with sending files in MS format to large number of contacts.

Has anyone heard of this and knows the status?

Sinclair