Is there some trick installing a .exe file using wine for Kubuntu 8.04

David Kuntadi d.kuntadi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 03:49:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Matthew Flaschen
<matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:
> ray burke wrote:
>> how do you insert wine setup.exe and where?
>
> You would first cd (change directory) to the directory where the
> installation program is in  Konsole, then type it in (remember, change
> setup.exe to the filename of your setup program).  For a command-line
> tutorial, try http://linuxcommand.gds.tuwien.ac.at/
>
> As others note, you may be able to just double-click the exe, but using
> the command-line will let you see errors and such.

In case of the exe file in cd rom or mounted iso file, you should make
sure the drive/mont point is mapped as a drive in wine through wine
configuration (winecfg).

I just realize this as Brian told me his file size is over 500 MB. So,
it is not just a simple exe file but a CD ROM installation.

DK