Scanning app 'vuescan' for Linux - has anyone installed/used it?

john d. herron paradox.herron at
Wed Oct 14 04:31:52 BST 2009

Hi, all.

I've installed and unsuccessfully tried to run a 'commercial' pdf
scanning/manipulation app known as VueScan, which someone suggested in
this forum around a month ago.
I contacted the author at <edhamrick at>, but he said he 'can't
really help with diagnosing problems with missing libraries', and he
mentioned some tips in the release notes which, however, went right over
my head.

Has anyone here had any experience with this software? If so, could you
help me with some pointers?

Thanks a lot.

Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn
KDE 3.5.6 - Linux 2.6.20-17 generic