Staying with Hardy

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Sat Oct 10 15:35:44 UTC 2009

It would appear that on Oct 8, Derek Broughton did say:

> Martin Laberge wrote:
> > On Thursday 08 October 2009 08:05:04 Neil Winchurst wrote:
> >> O. Sinclair wrote:
> >
> >> I did not mention was that I am accused of spending too much time
> >> upstairs on my computer.
> >
> > Grave accusation indeed !!!
> >
> > (I have been accused like this, but for downstairs...)
> > (so upstairs or downstairs, it is the word 'computer'
> > that seems to be the constant... Be warned...)
>
> Get a laptop, and you can spend all your time on the computer _wherever_ the
> rest of the family is :-)

I too have been so accused. I tried the laptop solution and it didn't seem
to help. Every time I'd get interested in something on my screen, "SHE"
would detect it and ask me some trick question related to what "SHE" was
watching on the TV, or otherwise see if it took more than a nanosecond to
get my full attention etc... I found that using the laptop where "SHE" is
resulted in more resentment than if I spent the time at my desk...

I think it's because when I'm using the computer at my desk, it only bugs
her when she thinks of me, and realizes where I am. When I'm using the
computer in her sight, she doesn't stop thinking about it, and spends the
whole time feeling jealous...

Hopefully the OP's mileage will vary. ;-)