Is there some trick installing a .exe file using wine for Kubuntu 8.04

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Fri Oct 9 20:08:07 UTC 2009

ray burke wrote:
> I want to be able to run a windows .exe program on my kde 3.5 Kubuntu 8.04,
> as I have it loaded in the program files in wine but cant execute it?

Generally, you install a Windows program in wine with:

wine setup.exe

Of course, you would replace setup.exe with the installation program for
this particular Windows program.  Then, you can run programs from the
Wine menu.  How did you install the program exactly, and what happens
if/when you try to run it?

Matt Flaschen