Shared calendar

Alvin info at alvin.be
Thu Oct 8 08:34:05 UTC 2009

Alvin Demeyer wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 11:05:21AM +0200, Alvin wrote:
>> On Tuesday 06 October 2009 11:45:14 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
>>> Hi RIc,

>>> I really wonder how this is possible, as kolab relies on nothing
>>> related to mono:
>>>
>>> aptitude show kolabd
>>> [quote]
>>> [...]
>> I don't see the mono either. On the bright side, there are kolab packages. No
>> more compiling and watching out for conflicts with existing packages. I think
>> I'll try it out once more.
>
> ...and it is bitter dissapointment. There are packages, but getting Kolab to work with them is another story. No documentation in sight, and after bootstrapping the admin page is empty.

Empty admin page can be solved by using the workaround in Bug 234860
(2008-05-25)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kolab-webadmin/+bug/234860?comments=all

Next problem (I really would appreciate tips):
I can now see the web interface, but nog log in. It says:
Errors:
 Could not bind to LDAP server: Invalid credentials

from /var/log/messages:
Unable to bind to `cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=local,dc=alvin,dc=be', LDAP
Error = `Invalid credentials'

I found a script kolab_bootstrap and ran it.