Shared calendar

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Tue Oct 6 09:45:14 UTC 2009

Hi RIc,

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 22:57, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 15:02 +0200, Alvin wrote:
>> Do I need a Caldav server, do I need Kolab, eGroupware? What's the
>> (K)Ubuntu preferred way to do this? Should she just have another calendar
>> and mail me the appointments? Do I need to look at Google calendar?
>
> I tried Kolab which drug in a bunch of mono.

I really wonder how this is possible, as kolab relies on nothing
related to mono:

aptitude show kolabd
[quote]
Package: kolabd
State: not installed
Version: 2.2.0-20080709.dfsg-2
Section: universe/mail
Maintainer: Ubuntu MOTU Developers <ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com>
Uncompressed Size: 549k
Depends: perl, libnet-netmask-perl, libmail-box-perl,
libterm-readkey-perl, libterm-readline-gnu-perl, postfix (>= 2.4),
postfix-ldap (>= 2.4), sasl2-bin, libsasl2-modules, libkolab-perl (>=
1:2.2.0-2), kolab-cyrus-admin,
         kolab-cyrus-clients, kolab-cyrus-imapd, kolab-cyrus-pop3d,
kolabconf (>= 2.2.0-2), kolab-filter, kolab-freebusy, adduser,
lsb-base (>= 3.0-3)
Recommends: slapd, ldap-utils
Suggests: openssl, db4.2-util, kolab-webadmin, amavisd-new
 Kolab is a secure, scalable, and reliable groupware server.  It
consists of a number of well-known and proven components for the
standard tasks such as e-mail, directory service, and web service.
Kolab adds intelligent interaction
 between the components, a web administration interface, management of
free/busy lists, etc.  Various clients can access Kolab, among them
Kontact (KDE), Outlook (Windows), and Horde (web).

 This package contains the groupware server program, the LDAP gateway
daemon, as well as the dependencies and documentation to run Kolab.
Homepage: http://www.kolab.org/
[/quote]

I know quite a few kolab developers, and they told me that, unless
there is a dependency error made by Kubuntu or Ubuntu packagers, this
is simply not possible.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org