CRT monitors VS Laptop stuff

tortise at paradise.net.nz tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Oct 5 01:03:23 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ric Moore" <wayward4now at gmail.com>
To: <kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 1:07 PM
Subject: CRT monitors VS Laptop stuff

I notice my monitor kinda grey-ing out every so often. I'm hoping I
don't have to replace this monster Dell and was wondering if some of the
laptop stuff that seems to be loaded will try to dim the display for
power saving measures. I am plugged into the wall for juice ...not a
battery in sight.

Whatever bad juju I had in my mouse seems to have climbed into my
monitor. I can't find a chicken foot to wave at it, so I figured to
ask. :) Ric

I'd try jiggling (try both ends - common problem) or replacing the cable between them as a start to see if its a cable issue.
Following that it is likely to be a monitor issue.   (Finally a notebook issue - seems the least likely explanation to me)  Do let
us know.