scanning

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Fri Oct 2 11:32:19 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Yesterday I had to scan some images and low and behold scanning isn't working
and I don't have the slightest idea what to do.

I used to use Kooka and it detected my HP Officejet 5610 all in one just fine.
Well yesterday was the first time the occasion came up that I needed to scan
some images and scanning is broke.

I tried using Sane, but it will not detect my scanner and insist my TV card is
my scanner and there is no option to change this.

So I installed scan lite and get the same results.

last night I installed all of gnome hoping there would be an app I could use
there with no luck whatsoever.

I also installed the kdegraphics package hoping Sane would use the libkscan
library that Kooka used and that was a dead end too.

All in all I've wasted a whole day for a simple task, and I'm so frustrated
it's hard to stay calm.

Anyway, I've exhausted everything I know to do. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

--
Blessings,
David M.