Samba issue

Kevin B. O'Brien nadreck at palain.com
Sat Nov 28 02:39:29 UTC 2009

Alvin wrote:
> On Thursday 26 November 2009 00:17:58 Kevin B. O'Brien wrote:
>
>> For some reason Samba seems to have stopped working on all 3 of my
>> Kubuntu boxes at the same time, about 2 days ago. This seems suspicious
>> somehow. Do you know if there was an update of some kind that broke
>> Samba on Kubuntu?
>>

> Well, there is bug #462169, mentioned in the release notes:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicKoala/ReleaseNotes#Samba%20nmbd%20daemon%20not%20started%20during%20boot
>
> If that is the case, see if you can restart samba:
> $ sudo service samba restart

I don't think that is it. After some more searching I tried connecting
using IP addresses instead of server names, and that seems to work OK.
But I am still puzzled as to why three different machines would suddenly
decide to stop finding server names all at the same time.

Thank you,

--
Kevin B. O'Brien         TANSTAAFL
nadreck at palain.com      Linux User #333216

"Follow your dream! Unless it's the one where you're at work in your
underwear during a fire drill."--Phil Proctor