kde 4.3.3

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Thu Nov 26 11:42:15 UTC 2009

Hi all,

(sorry xPol for the duplicate, should have gone to the list)

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 14:44, xPol <xtekhne at gmail.com> wrote:
> When will the kde 4.3.3 be available from the standard repository?
> (now it can be installed only from the ppa)

It might eventually end up in the karmic-backports repository, but
certainly not in the standard (main, universe, multiverse) ones, since
those don't move in a final release most of the time.

During a 6 month cycle until the next stable release, the new versions
of KDE and it's applications are most likely only available in the
backports, either PPA or regular backports. That's how a distribution
with a fix release cycle works.
Usually there is no reason to fear the backports repository,
especially not with the Timelord project aiming at a better packaging
testing (provided that enough people volunteer to help improving the
current lack of manpower, of course). As a general rule, don't upgrade
until there is an official announcement on the http://kubuntu.org
website.

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org