Spell checking & Firefox 3.6

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Sun Nov 22 18:09:13 UTC 2009

Steve wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:48:07 -0000, Nigel Ridley
> <nigel at prayingforisrael.net> wrote:
>
>> Steve wrote:

>>> For the spelling checker are you right clicking and selecting spell
>>> check?
>>> you have to do this for each filed or what ever.
>>>
>> I tried that but it still doesn't work :-(
>> Perhaps it's a bug in the beta release?
>>
>> Nigel
>>
> Hve you installed any dictionaries for 3.6.

I installed the US English 'addon' dictionary.

Anyway, as I already said, the default Kubuntu install of Firefox (3.5.5) works as it should. It
is only the 3.6 Beta that I downloaded from Mozilla and extracted to my home directory that
misbehaves -- they of course both use the same .mozilla - so preferences, bookmarks etc. are
exactly the same.

Nigel

--
PrayingForIsrael.net