Disabling touchpad tapping in 9.10

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Fri Nov 20 13:38:58 UTC 2009

Hans Henry von Tresckow wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 12:00 AM, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hans Henry von Tresckow wrote:
>> >

>> > On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 6:37 AM, Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca
>> > <mailto:derek at pointerstop.ca>> wrote:
>> >
>> >     I don't think that's the one I looked at - there was one tool that
>> >     required
>> >     a PPA but the PPA was clearly broken, and I didn't get any further.
>> >
>> > I think you might be refering to kcm_touchpad
>> > (http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?action=content&content=113335
>> > <http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?action=content&content=113335>).
>> > I wound up using the jaunty feed and it is working great. Tapping is
>> > off and there are optons to set up all sorts of neat scrolling tricks.
>> > :)

Yes, that was it.

>> Exactly how did you add this package in Karmic?
>> And why in heaven's name is this not in every distro out there
>> officially if it works??

Because it was some individual user's pet project, he has either not had the
time or inclination to get it submitted to any distro's packaging, yet.  The
PPA was for library that will, no doubt, become a standard part of Kubuntu,
but the actual kcm component will probably need to slowly make its way
downstream.
--
derek