What is your favourite FLOSS application?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 19:58:13 UTC 2009

> I am, together with
> Jonathan Riddell and Clay Weber, an administrator and moderator on
> this list

I think that this should have been stated up front, Myriam. I consider
myself a list regular and I did not know that you held that position.
I agreed to what you said because it was sensible, not because of any
respect for authority. I believe that Derek was, like you, trying to
protect the list. We do not need self-appointed list police bullying
people around any more than we need OT posts and Karl using the list
as his personal blog. However, Canonical-appointed mods are in fact
needed and very welcome, even if they made decisions that we sometimes
disagree with. When exercising authority it would be appreciated if
you stated the authoritative position. Going through the list archives
you will see that Derek is a very active and helpful list member, and
considering the lack of a statement of authority given the context his
message was no less appropriate than your own.

That said, I reiterate that your dedication to the list is
appreciated, and we all know what would happen to the list without
someone doing the dirty work. Just state your authority when
exercising it and responsible list members would more than likely
comply within reason. Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com