Urgent help needed - desktop/ screen Kubuntu Karmic does not function at all!

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 12:40:28 UTC 2009

*Hello David

Thx. again for your feedback.! From the two packages you mention, I will use
the 32 bit one. But before doing so, I would appreciate your answer to one
remaining practical question. *

> sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
>
> and reboot. Hopefully it works. If it works, lock the
> xserver-xorg-video-intel to avoid being upgraded back to latest
> version.

*Pls. briefly explain how I can * *"lock the xserver-xorg-video-intel".*

*Everything else you wrote a few minutes ago is perfectly clear to me.

Respectfully yours,

Bas.
*