Bookmark streams in Amarok

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Tue Nov 17 21:12:11 UTC 2009

Hi Alvin,

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 12:59, Alvin <info at alvin.be> wrote:
> How do I bookmark a stream in Amarok?
>
> Adding a stream to a playlist is easy, but how do I save the stream to a
> bookmark? The list of bookmarks only contains places within Amarok.
>
> Do I really have to create a playlist will all streams in it? Doesn't seem
> logical to me.

Not at all. The following assumes you still have the original layout
with three panes:

on the left in the Media Sources view: select the stream and click on
the Bookmark icon on the to right of that panel, it will allow you to
save this location
ditto on the right in the playlist view, select the stream and click
on the Bookmark icon on the top right of the view -> save this
location

You can then manage the bookmarks you set in the Bookmark Manager,
available through these icons or in the Menu "Tools"

FWIW, Amarok 2.2.1 (available in the backports PPA) allows to manage
and group bookmarks even more easily.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org