Netbook recommendation

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 21:44:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 04:22:59 am Bruce Marshall wrote:
> I've been running Linux for 15 years now...  and I think buying just based
>  on  the OS is a worthless venture  unless the choice makes no difference
>  to the wallet or the 'feechurs.'

Agreed. Personally I'd rather buy bare hardware - no OS.

And with the notebooks - there's a lot of info out there as to how well they
are supported under various OS's. And buying them with Linux pre-installed is
no guarantee that your distro of choice will support all the hardware on them.
--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home