Netbook recommendation

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun Nov 15 20:56:37 UTC 2009

Kılıç Köken wrote:

>     Hello,
>
>     I plan to buy a netbook and to install the new netbook-remix of
>     kubuntu. Has anybody a recommendation for a netbook?
>
>     Thanks
>     Steffen
>

> I would buy something which has a preinstalled Linux on it.
>

> --
> Kayıtlı Linux Kullanıcısı, No: 499392
> http://counter.li.org

My first Eee came with Xandros linux. Had a terrible UI. Looked like
something from a kiddie computer from Wal Mart toy department. I
switched it over to XFCE which was very nice. My current Eee came with
Windows, for about a day. I chose Eeebuntu because it is specially
configured for the Eee. With the way I have it set up now it could run
straight Kubuntu. But, for what I use it for Eeebuntu is just fine. I
use it kind of like a PDA on steroids. Much lighter to carry around that
my 8 pound Gateway. Plus, it doesn't take up as much space on the table
at Ihop, or someplace.

I wouldn't base my choice _just_ on the OS. Base it on the features. The
OS is easy to change but the features can be a B_____.

--
Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,

Sent with Thunderbird on my Kubuntu Linux Desktop