Odd tmp/Flashxxxxx files

Perry pwhite at bluewin.ch
Wed Nov 11 16:55:09 UTC 2009

Le Wednesday 11 November 2009 16:52:58 Nigel Ridley, vous avez écrit :
> Goh Lip wrote:
> > Perry wrote:
[snip]
> >> answers to the original question which is still not concluded: say you
> >> want to record the sound from a game playing on your computer, you have
> >> no file at hand and nothing to download (so just plug a cable to connect
> >> the sound output with the sound...how elegant!)
[snip]
Or one (not me now) might want to record the whole scene of the game, sound
and pictures. (Just) curious to know how.

> > I find this best, drag the 'button' to your browser bookmark toolbar.
> >
> > http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/04/download-youtube-videos-as-mp4-f
> >iles.html
> >

> > Regards,
> > Goh Lip
Thanks a lot, I'll have a look at that.

> About extracting MP3 files from downloaded youtube (.flv) files.
> This is how I do it:
>
> First you need to install ffmpeg
> then:
> To Convert .flv to .mp3 using ffmpeg:
> ffmpeg -i name_of_video_clip.flv -vn name_of_file.mp3
>
> Obviously you need to substitute the 'name_of_video_clip.flv' for the
> actual file name.
>
> If you have a bunch of downloaded files, you can:
> 'cd path_to_.flv_files'
> then:
> for i in *.flv; do ffmpeg -i "$i" -vn "${i%flv}mp3"; done
>
> then:
> mv *mp3 ~/Music/Mp3s  [or which_ever_path_to_dir] (to move the newly
> created Mp3 files to a separate folder).
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel
Great, this answer will sure come handy, thank you.

Greetings		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #323: Your processor has processed too many instructions. Turn it
off immediately, do not type any commands!!