Two problems that are not *B*U*G*S*

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Mon Nov 9 14:02:55 UTC 2009

Charles T. Bell wrote:

> Apparently, since my system does not crash, according to
> Launchpad, I do not have a bug.

Where does it say that?  Did you try to file a bug?  Of course any wrong
behavior is a bug, whether it causes crashes or not.  Sometimes there'll be
disagreements from the developers whether an action is really a bug, but
there are thousands of bugs filed, and actioned, that do not cause crashes.

> 1. When setting the panel to "hidden" it stays hidden no matter what.
>     This did NOT happen under JJ or any previous version.

I've always been able to cause that since first trying KDE 4.0.

> 2. Only two desktops are allowed under System Settings.
>     This did not happen previous to KK.

That, otoh, has never been true, before.  Did you try just increasing the
number of desktops (In System Settings / Desktop / Multiple Desktops /
Number of Desktops)?  The previous versions showed extra desktops greyed
out, now they don't appear unless you increase the spinner control's value.

--
derek