Is there a package I should install to use xine embedded in other applications?

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 23:12:36 GMT 2009

Em Terça-feira 03 Novembro 2009, Jonas Norlander escreveu:
> 2009/11/3 Marcelo Magno T. Sales <mmtsales at gmail.com>:

> >> And make sure kubuntu-restricted-extras is installed. Also you can
> >>  add the medibuntu repository to get extra codecs that's not
> >> included with Kubuntu.
> >>
> >> / Jonas
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have kubuntu-restricted-extras installed and also medibuntu.
> > After a few more tests, I have noticed that kaffeine, dragon player
> > and gwenview are able to play video when they're ran by other user
> > (I've just created an account to test this). So, it seems there is
> > something wrong in my profile. However, until now I haven't been
> > able to find any configuration file that could be causing this
> > problem. Any idea on where to look?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Marcelo
>
> I know that Kaffeine used its own xine config file in KDE 3.5, Dragon
> player i don't know but fore other xine programs there is a ~/.xine
> directory with a config file in.
> Searching for xine gives me this files:
> $ find ~/ -iname "*xine*"
> /home/jonas/.config/kde.org/Phonon-Xine.xine.conf
> /home/jonas/.xine
> /home/jonas/.kde/share/config/xinebackendrc
>
> I would back them up, remove them, log out and in again to see if it
> fixes the problem.
>
> / Jonas

Done, but didn't help. It seems the problem is not KDE specific. I have
just noticed that mplayer is unable to use the "xv" video driver when it
is ran by this user, but it can when it is ran by the test user I
created. Strange... I was able to use the "xv" driver in mplayer before
upgrading from jaunty to karmic.

Thanks,

Marcelo