Sound dead after upgrade

Kevin B. O'Brien nadreck at palain.com
Mon Nov 2 03:42:20 UTC 2009

This particular upgrade has caused me no end of problems with sound on
every system I upgraded. Some of them I was able to fix, but one that is
getting me right now concerns no sound in any of my movies (mpg, avi,
etc.). I used to have sound there, but the upgrade seems to have
convinced the system that none of my sound devices exist. Any idea where
I can start to resolve this one?

Thank you,

--
Kevin B. O'Brien         TANSTAAFL
nadreck at palain.com      Linux User #333216

"Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his country, it is a sign
that he expects to be paid for it." - H.L. Mencken