Attempting to move from kde 4.2.2 to 4.2.3

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 30 02:36:16 BST 2009

wrote:
> [...]
VMware or
OS's

Kubuntu Fiesty to
Jaunty on
Microsoft.

motherboard.  8gb

> > Axiom

Core processor,
BFG 800W Power
w/512mb DDR3 ram.
SATA DVDRW.

Jaunty to

> > > Ok After you get a clean fresh install let us know. Don't do
anything
> > > special too quick and start learning how to admin your
system with baby
> > > steps.
> > >
> > > The slower you take things the better you will get, and it will
happen
> > > faster because your not trying to deal with a bunch of
problems at
> > > once.
> > >
> > > I know you want to learn, so you can give a helping hand in
the future,
> > > but you aren't going to learn if you try to tackle too many
problems at
> > > once.
> > >
> > > I remember years ago when I first started using Linux. If I
couldn't
> > > figure out something, I'd ask and try a couple suggestions, if
the
> > > suggestions didn't work, I would do a fresh install and be
done with
> > > it. Eventually over time I got better.
> > >
> > > Heck back then using e-mail was a pain for a newbie. I used
Pine in a
> > > console window. Dang it was booooooring! I even had to set
up my
> > > internet connection on the command line using pico or VM
and a text
> > > only web browser. It was nuts! (Maybe I was nuts!) :-)
> > >
> > > Anyway, It probably took me a good 2 years to actually be
able to use
> > > Linux without screwing something up and being able to fix
what I do
> > > screw up.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Blessings,
> > > David M.
> > > http://www.dmcentral.net
> >
> > Thank you David.  I just tried to install synaptic and adept
thinking I
> > could maybe solve some problems using one of them, but now
every time I
> > try to add or remove anything my password is ignored for the
entry you
> > saw from my konsole.  I hope I didn't frustrate you too much.
>
> I could walk you through troubleshooting all this, but I know it
would be
> way too much for you, especially with other problems on your
hands.

> Let's go with the quick fresh re-install and then see what we
have after
> that.
>
> Does that sound good? :-)
> --
> Blessings,
> David M.
> http://www.dmcentral.net
Dear David

I am a bit ahead of you.  I have reinstalled, including kubuntu
restricted extras and updates.  I just finished configuring Kmail..  It
took a total of 30 minutes for all.  Pretty incredible this Jaunty KDE
application.  Thanks for all the help.

Steven