Attempting to move from kde 4.2.2 to 4.2.3

steven vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 30 01:27:41 BST 2009

Dear David,

Sometimes when I am asked for my password, I get the response you see on the
last post.  Sometimes it takes the password and works.  Other than it seems to
always work like the last post when using the konsole anymore, I have been
asked for passwords from gui's and the password has worked normally there.
This is a new experience today, never before.

When you suggested reinstalling the memory and video card, do you think it may
be accepted with a fresh install?  The extra work would be worth it if I could
eliminate hardware failure from the equasion.  I can reinstall in about 20
minutes; reconfiguration takes a bit longer, but the installation goes pretty
fast with Jaunty.

Steven