Kubuntu 9.04 on sony vaio VGN-NS11S

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Sun May 31 14:12:59 UTC 2009

On Sunday 31 May 2009 09:56:31 am Humberto S. Shiromoto wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I installed kubuntu 9.04 on my sony vaio VGN-NS11S however I'm having some
> bugs with the hardware:
> 1) The internal microphone doesn't work
> 2) The DVDROM isn't recognized if I don't boot the system with a media
> inside it.
>
> Is there someone with the same problems?

1. Have you checked to see if the volume is up on the microphone?

2. When you put a CD or DVD in the DVD player, have you checked the in icon on
the tool bar next to the clock? It should pop up asking you what you would
like to do with the DVD such as "open in dolphin" "play with dragon player"
etc, etc...
--
Blessings,
David M.